Library Director (Part-Time) - Robert E. Webber Institute for Worship Studies - Jacksonville, FL
The Library Director is responsible for the overall operation and leadership of the IWS library in support of the IWS mission and curriculum. The core functions of the position can be managed remotely with the exception that the Library Director is expected to come to the campus at 4001 Hendricks Ave., Jacksonville, FL for week-long on-site sessions in January and June. This is a part-time position averaging 10 hours per week. The Library Director reports to the Academic Dean and holds faculty status.
- Provide research assistance and library instruction for library users
- Prepare and expend the library budget
- Library collection development
- Supervise library assistants
- Manage library technology tools and ensure access to library materials
- Develop library policies and document library operational procedures
- Collect and report statistics to accreditation agencies
- Collaborate with partners in cooperative programs
- Lead the IWS Library Advisory Committee
- Participate in staff and faculty meetings.
- An ALA accredited Master of Library Science (MLS or MLIS) Degree.
- Some formal training in Christian theological studies or related disciplines, or equivalent experience demonstrating knowledge of collection development and curriculum support in a theological library setting.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS