Library Director - Ozark Christian College - Joplin, MO
Ozark Christian College is an institution dedicated to training men and women for Christian service. Primarily, we prepare students for full-time ministry positions. Our undergraduate programs consist of around 600 students with about 400 of those students living on campus. Next fall we will begin offering courses in a new masters program. The library director is responsible for the satisfactory operation and administration of all library functions.
Administrative duties include:
1) Formulate and administer policies, rules, and regulations for the purpose of securing the most complete use of the library by faculty, students and others.
2) Select administrative, technical, and service personnel.
3) Assist the Circulation Supervisor in the hiring/firing and training of student staff.
4) Assist the Part-time Coordinator of Acquisitions and Electronic Resources through the Library Committee to acquire library resources that support the college curriculum.
5) Recommend the annual budget for library operation and execute it when approved.
6) Prepare internal and external reports, surveys, studies, analyses, and manuals as needed or as requested by the Administration. (This includes any reports needed for accrediting organizations.)
7) Collaborate with the faculty to develop the collection for curricular and recreational needs and to suggest policies to the Library Committee for the selection of new materials, handling of gifts, and the de-selection process (weeding).
8) Encourage support of and participation in local, state, and national professional library associations and activities.
Academic duties include:
1) Integrate, in cooperation with the Academic Dean and the Library Committee, library resources into the curricular program to fulfill college learning objectives (CLOs).
2) Manage interlibrary loan (ILL) services for both books and journal articles through available networks and consortia.
A master’s degree in librarianship from an ALA accredited institution is preferred. Another graduate degree in a theological discipline is desirable. Experience in the practice of professional librarianship for at least five years is preferred.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS