Library Director - Mid-Atlantic Christian University - Elizabeth City, NC
- Select books and other library resources for purchase or license
- Negotiate agreements with vendors for electronic resources
- Structure the library and technology staff to accomplish MACU mission and goals
- Build communication among staff and between the library and MACU faculty and administrators
- Provide for regular evaluation of the work of each staff member
- Develop the skills and expertise of the staff through regular training opportunities
- Provide a work environment that results in high staff morale and productivity
- Collaborate with faculty on technology in teaching & learning: 1) with faculty and librarians to provide support for distance education and library service to remote users, 2) with faculty on integrating information literacy training into the curriculum
- Teach information literacy, library instruction, and methodology course(s)
- Provide training opportunities for faculty and librarians
- Engage in research, writing, and professional activity that enables the University and the library to stay abreast of current trends in theological librarianship
- Guide Library Web content and advise faculty and administration on Web content
- Plan for and provide space conducive to the learning needs of users, the preservation and access needs of the physical and digital collections, and the workflow needs of the library staff
- Oversee budgetary expenditures.
All candidates must have an ALA-accredited MLS degree; superior candidates will also have an advanced degree in a field of study that complements the academic offerings of the University.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Send (1) a letter of application, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) unofficial copies of all transcripts, (4) a list of four references (three professional and one spiritual) whom the university may contact, and (5) a statement of teaching philosophy that includes how the applicant has integrated or intends to integrate a Christian Theistic Worldview in the teaching-learning process. All materials may be sent to Dr. Kevin W. Larsen, VP Academic Affairs, Mid-Atlantic Christian University, 715 N. Poindexter Street, Elizabeth City, NC 27909. Materials may also be sent via email: email@example.com
Applications without each of the five aforementioned components will not be reviewed. The application process remains open until the positions are filled. To learn more about Mid-Atlantic Christian University, visit the web site at www.macuniversity.edu. Degrees from outside the United States must be validated by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). An evaluation report from an accrediting organization must be submitted prior to any decision to hire. To view a listing of the current members of (NACES), please visit http://www.naces.org/members.htm. Final offer of employment will not be made until the candidate also submits a criminal background check, drug testing results, and a recent credit report.