Library Circulation Supervisor - Trevecca Nazarene University - Nashville, TN
The Circulation Supervisor manages the daily operations of the library’s circulation desk and supervises service desk student workers during daytime hours. This is a full-time position, and the hours are primarily 7:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. This position reports to the Systems and Electronic Resources Librarian.
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
- In coordination with the Evening Supervisor and other library personnel, hires, manages, trains, and maintains responsibility for service desk student workers during daytime hours;
- Assigns and oversees tasks and projects given to student workers.
- Opens the library, Monday through Friday.
- Handles recurring circulation tasks and other recurring library tasks as assigned.
- Maintains order and organization at the circulation desk and the circulation work area.
- Assists patrons at the circulation desk when student assistants are unable or unavailable to assist.
- Maintains and requests service for library equipment, including printers and a laminator;
- Orders supplies as necessary.
- Maintains the physical library collections by assigning students to shelf read and straighten shelves.
- Coordinates with the Systems and Electronic Resources Librarian on changes or improvements to the circulation desk operations in order to improve services to students and faculty.
- Staffs the research desk during designated times each week and also as needed;
- Assists patrons with basic research assistance or refers patrons to faculty librarians.
- Performs additional services as requested by the Systems and Electronic Resources Librarian and the Director of Library Services.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to work both independently and collegially in a changing environment.
- Excellent organizational, technological, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Interest in and ability to manage and lead a large number of student workers.
- Must be confident in learning and using work-related computer applications.
- Must be customer-service focused and able to successfully resolve problems.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter and current resume to AFowler@trevecca.edu.
Label email subject line: Circulation Supervisor Position