Library Cataloging and Collection Management - Northwest Nazarene University - Nampa, ID
The Library Cataloging & Collection Management Technician is responsible for cataloging and processing all library materials for the Riley library. This is a full time, 12-month, hourly, non-exempt, full-time position and will report to the Library Circulation & Service Desk Supervisor.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
- Provide exceptional customer service and refer individuals to appropriate persons or departments as needed.
- Collaborate with the Access Services Librarian to catalog and process physical library materials.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the library cataloging and circulation system.
- Assist in management of periodical subscriptions and supervise student assistants assigned to receive materials
- Process newly acquired materials from receipt of item until shelf-ready.
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise 2-3 student assistants for Collection Management Services.
- Oversee the maintenance of all library stacks by developing effective systems for routine stacks maintenance, supervising searches for misplaced books, and co-supervising library inventory.
- Maintain in-house library usage statistics for monographs and periodicals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate of Arts/Science degree in any field.
- One to three (1-3) years of experience in a library, business or education field experience (may include student employment experience).
- All candidates must have a Christian perspective (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), be in agreement with the doctrine of the Nazarene church, agree to live within the mission and lifestyle values of NNU, and be willing to help advance the spiritual goals of the University.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree in any field.
- One to three (1-3) Years of post-college experience in a library, business or education field.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received.
Letter of interest
Letter of reference from current pastor
Two current letters of recommendation from professional associates