Librarian - University of Valley Forge - Phoenixville, PA
- Oversight of Technical and Public Services operations including, cataloging, collection development, electronic resources, and assessment.
- Establish a vision for resources, facilities, and services of the library to meet the needs of local and remote students, faculty, and staff.
- Plan for and implement institutional archives including curation, cataloging, and displays. Develop strategic goals for the library in keeping with the mission of the University.
- Develop the library budget plan and manage the approved budget.
- Develop and implement library policies and procedures to optimize library support for teaching and research.
- Develop and maintain beneficial partnerships with relevant library networks and consortia.
- Participate in institutional governance through faculty meetings, committee service, and other appropriate means.
- Provide information literacy aligned with ACRL standards.
- Promote library resources, services and facilities to the University community.
- Ensure statistics are gathered and reported, including (IPEDS), surveys, self-studies, and analyses of library resources, services and facilities
- Oversight of subscription database services including contract negotiations and adherence.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program
- Experience using OCLC services, and knowledge of national cataloging standards
- Familiarity with SirsiDynix ILS system is preferred.
- Three to five years of progressive experience in an academic library setting is required.
- A proven record in working successfully with diverse populations
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change
- Ability to collaborate effectively with University departments and cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and related applications
- An openly committed Christian, living a Spirit-filled life (Acts 2:4, Ephesians 5:18ff); affirming a doctrinal position consistent with Assemblies of God beliefs
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
For more information and to apply: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?cmp=University-of-Valley-Forge&t=Librarian&jk=5c86755157df720b&q=librarian&vjs=3