Librarian Instructional Faculty/Assistant Professor - University of Central Missouri - MO
Librarian Instructional Faculty/Assistant Professor focuses on the teaching of information literacy, both generally and within their subject specialty, in the classroom as well as through consultations. Liaisons are responsible for developing resources that connect UCM students and faculty with the information they are seeking, providing research and information service to UCM faculty and students, developing professional relationships with faculty members in their assigned departments, managing collections in their subject areas, and being active in the library profession and across campus. As faculty members, liaisons engage in shared governance and may pursue scholarly activities. Other duties as assigned. Liaison to: the College of Education.
- Initiate and maintain contacts with faculty members in assigned departments/colleges/schools.
- Teach information literacy to students, generally and in assigned areas.
- Teach information literacy course LIS 1010: Truth, Lies & Information Management.
- Create learning tools, library guides, etc. to connect students and faculty with the information they are seeking.
- Provide research and information consultations (one-on-one, via chat/email/phone/in person, small groups) to faculty and students.
- Promote library and information resources and services to faculty in assigned areas.
- Develop collections in assigned areas in all formats, including collection development of the Curriculum Collection.
- Participate in activities hosted by the Library and by assigned departments.
- Participate in library committees, task forces, working groups, etc. and governance.
- Participate in library activities, events, etc.
- Participate in university-wide governance.
EDUCATIONAL / EXPERIENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program in library or information science or equivalent degree.
- Minimum of one-year full-time equivalent academic library experience including experience in providing reference services, instruction (online and in person), developing online instructional tools (e.g., LibGuides, etc.).
- Experience developing collections in the subject liaison areas.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the current roles, services, and resources of academic libraries.
JOB APPLICAITON INSTRUCTIONS
The job posting and additional information can be found here: