Instructional Services Librarian - Point Loma Nazarene University - San Diego CA
The Instructional Services Librarian is a member of the Ryan Library faculty and is responsible for providing research support, information literacy instruction, and collection development for assigned academic and co-curricular areas.
Ryan Library’s Instructional Services Librarians teach information literacy as a component of the Composition (writing) program and provide subject-specific research instruction in support of designated academic departments.
- Collaborate with library colleagues to envision and prepare for emerging needs and opportunities within the university community
- Provide course-related information literacy instruction, assignment design, and assessment
- Develop and maintain online research guides and other supplemental resources for designated academic and co-curricular programs
- Serve as departmental liaison for designated academic departments
- Provide research support in person and via chat, e-mail, and phone to students, faculty, and staff in the library and beyond
- Provide point-of-need instruction at the Research Help Desk one evening per week and occasional Saturdays
- Participate in assessment of the information literacy component of the General Education Learning Outcomes
- Coordinate collection development in designated academic areas
- Serve on department and university committees
EDUCATIONAL / EXPERIENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in library and information science from an ALA-accredited program
- Experience providing research support, information literacy instruction, and collection development in an academic library setting
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Visit https://pointloma.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PLNUCareers/job/San-Diego---Point-Loma/Instructional-Services-Librarian_R0001841 for additional information.