Instruction Librarian – Spanish Language Resource Curator - Life Pacific College San Dimas CA
Life Pacific College San Dimas CA Instruction Librarian – Spanish Language Resource Curator trained in the essential duties. This position has a pay range of $18-22 an hour depending upon qualifications and experience. Life Pacific College (University in 2019) is a regionally accredited (WSCUC), private Christian institution in the Pentecostal tradition with a strong biblical focus (ABHE Accredited). LPC is located in beautiful city of San Dimas within Los Angeles County, California.
The Instruction Librarian – Spanish Language Resource Curator position will spend equal time dedicated to English and Spanish resources and services. The librarian must be proactive, creative, and inventive. The librarian must be able to provide general and specialized reference services to both undergraduate and graduate students in multiple environments (on-campus & online) and be willing to work occasionally on evenings and weekends. The Librarian will be personal, detail oriented, communicate effectively, and able to work independently. The Librarian is responsible for the development of instructional units describing: library resources and their use, information literacy skills, and the proper use of library research guides. The Librarian is also responsible for translating existing instructional resources and developing new resources in support of Life Pacific’s Spanish language programs. The Instruction Librarian – Spanish Language Resource Curator will report directly to the Library Director.
The main purpose of the Instruction and Research Librarian position is: To support the fulfillment of the Library's mission – to create and sustain a first-class academic learning center that provides and promotes the use of information resources in support of the College mission and student goals – specifically through the creation and implementation of Instructional and Research Services in both English and Spanish, and by assisting the faculty of the school’s Spanish-language programs.
- Provide In-class, Online, and In-Library Instruction and Research Services
- Develop and perform library orientation instruction
- Develop and maintain online library research guides
- Integrate instructional material into the College’s online course management system.
- Produce video tutorials
- Manage LibGuide software
- Identify and assess course assignments for research elements
- Communicate with faculty about course assignments and research needs
- Develop Spanish language collections and Information Literacy resources in support of existing and future Spanish language programs
EDUCATIONAL / EXPERIENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluency in both English and Spanish
- Masters (any field of study)
- Attention to detail; good proofreading skills; strong organizational ability.
- Committed to the values of Life Pacific College as articulated in its Statement of Faith, and Conduct guidelines
- MLIS (Master of Library & Information Science), or MLIS candidate
- Knowledge and experience in instructional design and reference services
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, Microsoft Office, Moodle, Camtasia, and/or other programs useful for producing tutorials
- Willing to work flexible hours when needed.
- Experience in training, scheduling, and supervising personnel
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please visit the Employment page on the Life Pacific Website to apply for this position.
Please complete the Staff Employment Application. Letters of interest and resumes are uploaded directly in the online application. See position opening details for any additional documentation/attachment requirements that may apply to specific positions.
Applications cannot be paused or saved, so allow adequate time to complete before beginning. Once submitted, applications will automatically route to the Human Resources department. Questions may be directed to Heidi Bonadie
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.