Instruction and Research Librarian - Life Pacific College- CA
The main purpose of the Instruction and Research Librarian position is: To support the fulfillment of the Library's mission – to create and sustain a first-class academic learning center that provides and promotes the use of information resources in support of the College mission and student goals – specifically through the creation and implementation of Instructional and Research Services, and by assisting the Library Director.
- Provide In-class, Online, and In-Library Instruction and Research Services
- Develop and perform library orientation instruction
- Develop and maintain online library research guides
- Integrate instructional material into the college’s online course management system.
- Produce video tutorials
- Manage LibGuide software
- Identify and assess course assignments for research elements
- Communicate with faculty about course assignments and research needs
- Manage student staff designated to support the Instruction & Research Librarian
- Recommend titles for collection development
EDUCATIONAL / EXPERIENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- MLIS (Master of Library & Information Science), or MLIS candidate.
- Knowledge and experience in instructional design and reference services.
- Attention to detail; good proofreading skills; strong organizational ability.
- Willing to work flexible hours when needed.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
To apply for a position, please complete the employment application Staff Employment Application. Letters of interest and resumes are uploaded directly in the online application.
See position opening details for any additional documentation/attachment requirements that may apply to specific positions.
Applications cannot be paused or saved, so allow adequate time to complete before beginning.
Once submitted, applications will automatically route to the Human Resources department.
Questions may be directed to Heidi Bonadie at email@example.com
Review of applications continue until positions filled and applications are retained for future consideration for one year from date submitted.
Please visit the Employment page on the Life Pacific Website” in from of the rest of the instruction I put in the Google form