Information Services Librarian - Western Seminary - OR
- Adaptable: Adjusts nimbly to obstacles or changing conditions to arrive at the desired goal. Takes initiative to creatively address challenges and create solutions in this modern evolving academic library environment.
- Relational: Relates well with people and represents the library with courteous and professional service.
- Organized: Handles multiple priorities and frequent interruptions, while working with minimal supervision. Thinks strategically about immediate vs future priorities.
- Communicator: Expresses self clearly, effectively, and compellingly in written, verbal, and non-verbal modes. Listens carefully to learn and understand communication from others.
- Detailed-Oriented: Appreciates the importance of efficient library operations and takes pride in completing complex tasks while minimizing errors. Essential Functions:
- In conjunction with the Director of Library and Information Services, ensure effective operation of the library.
- Provide leadership and management of the library systems and services, ensuring seamless integration of library resources.
- Work collaboratively with other library staff to provide creative reference and information literacy services.
- Work collaboratively with other library staff to perform collection development duties, with a special emphasis on electronic resources.
- Work collaboratively with other library staff to assess library resources, systems, and operations.
EXPERIENTIAL / EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- An MLS or equivalent degree from an ALA-accredited program is required.
- An M.A./M.S. degree in a program area that is equivalent to those offered by Western.
- 1-3 years library experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of library organization, concepts, and terminology.
- Self-directed learning ability, especially for computer software and library systems.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including familiarity with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Basic instruction and troubleshooting abilities with library equipment and software, including computers, printers, copier, etc.
- Able to carry up to 25 lbs. up and down stairs.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the World Evangelical Alliance Statement of Faith and the Seminary’s governing virtues.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUTIONS
To Apply: Please complete the staff application at https://www.westernseminary.edu/employment