Information Services Librarian - Moody Bible Institute - Chicago IL
Moody Bible Institute seeks a dynamic librarian to join our dedicated team of information professionals to advance the Library’s mission, goals and objectives.
Under the direction of the Public Services Head Librarian, the Information Services Librarian manages all Reference Department operations, provides digital/non-digital resource support, develops, implements, sustains and assesses the information literacy program for the MBI learning community as well as other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution along with an accredited, advanced degree in Christian theology or Biblical studies
- One year of instruction experience in an academic setting
- One year staff supervision experience in an academic setting
- Demonstrated record of success in reference services, information literacy, and/or digital resource services
- Compliance with MBI doctrine and values
- M. Div. with working knowledge of Biblical languages
- Recent teaching experience in group instructional sessions related to information literacy
- Working knowledge of Logos Bible Software
- Demonstrated record of success in working in a large organizational structure
- Demonstrated experience working with integrated library systems and course management systems, preferably Voyager, EBSCO Discovery Services, Blackboard and/or Panopto
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTION
Inquiries about this position may be addressed to Jim Preston, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org . A full job description and application information is available at https://www.moodybible.org/careers/