Electronic Resources Librarian - Oral Roberts University - Tulsa, OK
The ERL manages the Library’s collection of electronic resources, consisting chiefly of databases and eBooks; leads the Library’s ongoing evaluation and adjustment to its e-collection, and serves librarians and users with technical expertise. Management of these resources extends through their lifecycle, from leading librarians in acquiring them in response to curricular demand to renewing, licensing, preserving, enabling access, troubleshooting, and evaluating the ROI of each resource regularly to ensure the Library’s users receive maximum value. The ERL assists the dean in budgeting for e-resources and liaises with university finance to ensure timely payment. The ERL maintains the A-Z database LibGuide page.
- Master’s Degree from ALA-accredited program in library or information science or an equivalent
- At least two years’ experience in acquisitions, cataloging, and electronic management within an academic library and competency working with a library ILS.
- Knowledge of and experience with discovery platforms, MARC, EZProxy, OCLC, Oasis collection development system, COUNTER and other usage statistics, OpenURL, integrated library systems (iii Sierra in particular), familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel, Springshare’s suite of library tools (e.g. LibGuides), and an electronic resources management tool.
- Experience working with the EBSCO platform in particular, as well as other major library platforms (ProQuest; Gale: Sage; Elsevier, etc.).
- Knowledgeable about licensing and contract language when negotiating.
- Work experience demonstrating . . .
- competence in managing the lifecycle of electronic resources, including licensing
- organizational skills and the ability to perform complex analytical work and exercise independent judgement
- ability to identify and evaluate problems leading to resolutions
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS