Electronic Resources Librarian - Lipscomb University - Nashville, TN
Lipscomb University is a Christian institution committed to creating students whose academic excellence, faith and practice, and community service reflect our ideals of global citizenship. Our mission is to integrate Christian faith and practice with academic excellence, not only in the classroom but also by involvement in numerous services to the church and the larger community. It is a place that sees the city as our campus and the world as our classroom. This is what grounds us, and it is also what has grown us.
- Manages the life cycle of electronic resources, including databases, e-books, serials,etc. This includes performing annual reviews of resources, evaluating historical usage data and making cost/benefit decisions to maximize budget efficiency.
- Coordinates with the departmental budget manager to ensure fiscal responsibility with the electronic resources budget. Also advocates for additional funding for needed resources.
- Collaborates with deans, department chairs, and faculty to strategically purchase resources that support their respective graduate and undergraduate programs. Also advocates for additional funding for needed resources for these departments.
- Establishes relationships with vendors, publishers, and consortia in order to address ordering, access, payment, and performance issues.
- Participates in training and development of workflow, policies, procedures, and documentation for e-resource management processes and systems.
- Coordinates the activities needed to support user access and discovery to e-resources, including troubleshooting for patrons and staff. Maintains authentication protocols in conjunction with IT, specifically the proxy configuration files, for electronic resources.
- Works with vendors, members of the Provost’s Office, and the University’s General Council for review and approval of license agreements.
- Works closely with the Collection Development Librarian and other colleagues to develop and oversee assessment strategies and conduct ongoing assessment of collection development initiatives. This includes performing Library Holdings reviews for the Academic Curriculum Team when new courses and programs are started.
- Identifies, evaluates and stays current with trends, resources, practices and standards in electronic resource management, usage statistics, data management, access and discovery to enhance library services.
- Researches and analyzes products and offers, sets up trials of potential resources, coordinates electronic subscription changes and renewals.
- Creates and maintains online Research Guides, updating subject specific guides with newly available electronic resources.
- Participates in system updates and migrations, troubleshooting access and working with vendors to provide quality service.
- Conducts research appointments as needed and provides reference assistance on a weekly basis
- Provides library instruction as requested, including individual classroom sessions and departmental/university orientations.
- Experience working with EBSCOnet, EBSCO eAdmin, EBSCO EDS, OCLC WMS, LibGuides, and OpenAthens preferred.
- Other duties as required.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS