Electronic Resources Librarian - Lancaster Bible College - Lancaster PA
This position will manage the library’s electronic resources and provide assistance and training in its access and usage to bolster student success. The Electronic Resources Librarian is the administrator of all LBC’s electronic resources and holdings, including EBSCO, ProQuest, and Worldshare Metadata Services, the Discovery service, EZproxy (hosted by OCLC), link resolver holdings, and the College’s Integrated Library System (presently Voyager). Responsibilities include: Managing database subscription upgrades or changes, cancellations, title changes, and vendor, publisher, and aggregator changes; performing MARC batch record loading and other metadata activities; providing electronic resources support services and resolving issues related to electronic resource maintenance and access; establishing proactive processes to identify electronic access issues before they become obstacles for users; maintaining up-to-date holdings using an Electronic Management System (ERM) that would include database licenses and service contracts; providing day-to-day technical support for library services to all library patrons and assisting with reference and research service and instruction as needed.
EDUCATIONAL / EXPERIENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Master of Library Science (MLS) or equivalent from an ALA accredited program.
- Additional graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years of library experience
- Knowledge of cataloging standards (MARC21, RDA, AACR2) for original cataloging
- Knowledge of existing and emerging metadata standards, models (e.g. BIBFRAME, FRBR, Dublin Core)
- Experience using MarcEdit and cataloging multiple formats preferred
- Strong commitment to collaboration and library teamwork to enhance services
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate
JOB APPLICATION INFORMATION
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following: cover letter; resume; and spiritual testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.