Electronic Resources Librarian - Kuyper College - Grand Rapids, MI
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Helps maintain the Library’s integrated library system
- Manages remote access to library resources and databases.
- Purchases and maintains ebook collections.
- Implements and administers course reserves.
- Troubleshoots e-access problems reported by patrons and other library staff.
- Implements and administers library services to faculty and students in-person and online to assure equivalent services, coordinating with the Director of Online Learning.
- Assists in the development and management of the library website including creation of learning resources, website content, social media and general maintenance.
- Collaborates with the Director of Library Services and faculty to design and deliver information literacy programs. Provide instruction in various research strategies and introduce/orient students to library resources.
- Leads the development and production of user guides and other reference aids (print, video, etc.), including pathfinder tools. Develops and presents workshops, tutorials and orientations for all students.
- Collaborates with the Director to develop and implement assessment instruments to evaluate the library’s contribution to student learning.
- Assists in all circulation and reference responsibilities.
- Assists in the training and supervision of student workers.
- Maintains a current knowledge of instructional trends and research.
- Stays current on professional developments through participation in professional organizations, workshops, and continuing education opportunities at the local, regional and national levels as funding is available.
- Serves on the Information Technology Committee as well as other campus committees as requested.
Education and/or Experience
- A Master’s degree in library and/or information science (M.L.S. or M.L.I.S.) from an accredited ALA institution or other relevant degree. Related experience or training may be considered.
- 1-3 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Academic library experience preferred
- Background in teaching and instructional design with experience in producing content within learning management systems
- Demonstrated effective communication abilities
- Proven ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Experience in reference, instruction, and relevant computer technologies
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a high degree of computer literacy and experience with relevant computer technologies, such as integrated library automation system software, learning management systems, database software, spreadsheet software and Google products. Experience with EBSCO Discovery System (Kuyper OneSearch); Open Athens and Innovative Interfaces’ Sierra preferred.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter to:
The posting will remain open until position is filled. Anticipated start date is August 1, 2022.