Electronic Resources and Reference Librarian - Trinity Christian College - Palos Heights, IL
- Manage all electronic resources, including databases, electronic journals/serials, library OPAC, streaming videos, and e-books. This includes such tasks as troubleshooting common problems, updating the link resolver system, overseeing and improving the quality of records, coordinating batch loads, communicating with vendors, and working with IT to manage the library proxy server.
- Oversee implementation for the local system administration of all library software installations.
- Compile statistics, extract and organize data, and create reports for analysis.
- Respond to reference questions from faculty, staff, students, and others.
- Participate in the planning, implementation, and assessment of projects, policies, and procedures to improve library services.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends, resources, and technology related to electronic resources and the library broadly.
- Participate in service activities and college committees as assigned.
- Supervise and train student workers as needed.
- Perform other professional library duties as prescribed by the Library Director.
- Oversee cataloging processes and perform original cataloging.
- Provide library instruction.
- Provide guidance and leadership regarding open access publications and open educational resources.
- Participate in planning, updating, and organization of archives.
- A Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library/information science program. Related experience or training may be considered.
- Professional experience with or knowledge of electronic resources is strongly desired, but not required.
- Knowledge of and experience with ExLibris’ Alma/Primo, OCLC Connexion, and EZProxy as well as a basic understanding of MARC records is strongly desired.
- Excellent skills in communication, including the ability to communicate about technical issues with non-technical audiences.
- A strong attention to detail.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS