Distance Services & Research Librarian - Asbury University - Wilmore, KY
The Distance Services and Research Librarian provides research assistance to both online and on-campus students, faculty, and staff through purchasing materials, providing instructional class sessions and guided tours, and holding one-on-one research meetings.
- Provides and promotes library support services to all online students, staff, and faculty.
- Develops and maintains library web presence, web technologies, and instructional materials for online education.
- Assists patrons with reference questions, research, and with using access tools and information resources.
- Provides research project consultations with on-campus and online faculty and students.
- Under the coordination of the Assistant Director of Library Services, participates in online and face-to-face instructional programs to promote library collections and services.
- Oversees all aspects of Technical Services, including acquisitions, serials, cataloging, and collection development.
- Catalogs all monographs, serials, audio-visual, and Special Collections materials according to RDA and AACR2, Revised and LC standards.
- Collaborates with faculty and staff to develop collections and resources to support on- campus and online learning programs.
- Coordinates the development of electronic resources, including electronic databases, e-journals, e-books, and emerging technologies.
- Prepares an annual summary, statistical and evaluative, of all activities.
- Serves as a collection development liaison to at least one of the university’s schools providing recommendations for purchases and resources.
ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in Library and/or Information.
Evidence of a committed and dynamic Christian faith along with the ability to support the University’s theological position, lifestyle standards, and mission.
1-3 years professional reference or instruction experience in an academic library, preferably in a liberal arts setting.
Demonstrated ability to instruct residential and online university students in the use of library resources, both electronic and print.
Strong commitment to information literacy, customer service, and support of the academic and research needs of students, faculty, and staff.
Knowledge of online databases, electronic resources, and integrated library systems (ILS) as applied to the academic library setting.
Experience preferred as an embedded librarian, instructional designer, or help desk technician in learning management systems.
Experience preferred in developing online tutorials.
Proven team-player in a highly collaborative environment.
Advanced proficiency in descriptive cataloging, subject classification of materials in all formats, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
Demonstrated knowledge of RDA, AACR2R, MARC format, Dewey classification, authority control and bibliographic utilities.
Meticulous attention to detail, efficiency, and thoroughness.
Ability to communicate effectively with various academic constituencies.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Proven initiative and self-direction.
Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS