Distance Services and Research Librarian - ASBURY UNIVERSITY - KY
Asbury University is an independent, Christian, liberal arts college in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition. Asbury University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin or disability in the admission of students, educational policies and programs, employment practices, and activities. In addition, Asbury University does not discriminate on the basis of religion in the admission of students or student access to educational programs.
- Provides and promotes library support services to all online students, staff, and faculty.
- Develops and maintains library web presence, web technologies, and instructional materials for online education.
- Assists patrons with reference questions, research, and with using access tools and information resources.
- Provides research project consultations with on-campus and online faculty and students.
- Under the coordination of the Instructional Services Librarian, participates in online and face-to-face instructional programs to promote library collections and services.
- Oversees all aspects of Technical Services, including acquisitions, serials, cataloging, and collection development.
- Catalogs all monographs, serials, audio-visual, and Special Collections materials according to RDA and AACR2, Revised and LC standards.
- Collaborates with faculty and staff to develop collections and resources to support on-campus and online learning programs.
- Coordinates the development of electronic resources, including electronic databases, e-journals, e-books, and emerging technologies.
- Participates as an active member of the Asbury University faculty.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / EXPERIENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in Library and / or Information Science.
- 1-3 years professional reference or instruction experience in an academic library, preferably in a liberal arts setting.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct residential and online university students in the use of library resources, both electronic and print.
- Strong commitment to information literacy, customer service, and support of the academic and research needs of students, faculty, and staff.
- Knowledge of online databases, electronic resources, and integrated library systems (ILS) as applied to the academic library setting.
- Advanced proficiency in descriptive cataloging, subject classification of materials in all formats, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RDA, AACR2R, MARC format, Dewey classification, authority control and bibliographic utilities.
- Meticulous attention to detail, efficiency, and thoroughness.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various academic constituencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Proven initiative and self-direction.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Evidence of a committed and dynamic Christian faith along with the ability to support the University’s theological position, lifestyle standards, and mission.
- A second Master’s Degree or terminal degree in a discipline taught at the University.
- Experience as an embedded librarian, instructional designer, or help desk technician in learning management systems.
- Experience developing online tutorials.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Interested applicants should email a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statement of philosophy of library services at a Christian Institution, and a statement describing the current vitality of your personal Christian faith to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
1 Macklem Drive
Wilmore, KY 40390
Distance Services and Research Librarian https://www.asbury.edu/about/offices/administration/human-resources/jobs/postings/30606/