Director of the Library - Louisiana College - Pineville, LA
- Leads the library’s information literacy program and participates in instruction activities, including workshops, in-class presentations, virtual research assistance, consultations, etc.
- Manages the library’s digital resources, including electronic resource subscriptions, the library website, digital repository, ILS, etc.
- Supervises and directs library staff, including conducting regular performance evaluations.
- Coordinates the development of the library’s collections, including special collections.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the library’s budget.
- Promotes and markets the library to its constituents.
- Assesses library resources, services, and spaces for effectiveness and improvement.
- Represents the College in local, state, regional, and national library organizations.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a professional and personal commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Louisiana College. That commitment includes general support for Christian liberal arts education and a specific calling to help online faculty integrate faith and learning into their teaching disciplines in a compelling, thoughtful manner. A willingness to serve the broader college community through service and committee work is also expected.
Founded in 1906, Louisiana College is a private, Baptist, coeducation college of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional programs, located in Pineville, LA. Louisiana College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, governed by a Board of Trustees, affiliated with the Louisiana Baptist Convention, and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of background screening checks.
- An ALA-accredited master’s degree in library science (MLS/MLIS).
- Five years of managerial experience in academic libraries with increasing responsibility.
- An additional advanced degree.
- Successful fundraising experience, including grants.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
To apply for this position, please submit:
- A cover letter
- LC Faculty Application
- LC’s Christian Worldview Statement Form
- Curriculum vitae
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts
Candidates should also arrange for the submission of three letters of recommendation. Inquiries and all submissions should be emailed to Dr. Cheryl Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mailed to:
Dr. Cheryl Clark
Vice President of Academic Affairs
1140 College Drive, P. O. Box 567
Pineville, LA 71359
NOTE: Application documentation must be sent directly to Louisiana College; please do not attempt to apply through any online job posting website.