Director of Library Services - Ozark Christian College - Joplin, MO
- Formulate and administer policies, rules, and regulations to secure the most complete use of the library by faculty, students, and others.
- Select administrative, technical, and service personnel.
- Assist the Circulation Supervisor in the hiring/firing and training of student staff.
- Assist the Part-time Coordinator of Acquisitions and Electronic Resources through the Library Committee to acquire library resources that support the college curriculum.
- Recommend the annual budget for library operation and execute it when approved.
- Prepare internal and external reports, surveys, studies, analyses, and manuals as needed or as requested by the OCC administration (including any reports needed for accrediting organizations).
- Collaborate with the faculty to develop the collection for curricular and recreational needs and to suggest policies to the Library Committee for the selection of new materials, handling of gifts, and the de-selection process (weeding).
- Encourage support of and participation in local, state, and national professional library associations and activities.
- In cooperation with the Academic Dean and the Library Committee, integrate library resources into the curricular program to fulfill college learning objectives (CLOs).
- Manage interlibrary loan (ILL) services for both books and journal articles through available networks and consortia.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in librarianship from an ALA-accredited institution (required)
- Five years of experience in the practice of professional librarianship
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS