Director of Library Services - Missouri Baptist University - St. Louis, MO
- Provide visionary leadership to develop and improve library programs and services to align with the university’s strategic plan.
- Prepare, administer, and oversee the library’s budget, with particular emphasis on collection development and evolving technological needs.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, students, and administrative colleagues to strategically assess library services and resources.
- Oversee the investigation, selection, and implementation of new technologies and methods of providing services to advance the university and library missions.
- Recruit, lead, develop, and evaluate professional librarians and support staff in accordance with university policies.
- Administer the development of the library’s collections and explore new methods of selecting, acquiring and organizing resources to support the curriculum in a collaborative partnership with division chairs and faculty.
- Manage the processing and access to electronic resources; serve as the primary contact for all e-resource trials and renewals; facilitate university approval and procurement process for all agreements, subscriptions, contracts, and acquisitions.
- Maintain professional development via active participation in professional meetings and workshops in relevant professional organizations and consortia.
- Chair the Library Committee as assigned by the President, and participates in organizational management through other committee assignments.
- Attend university meetings as required including Dean’s Council and Faculty Meetings.
- Oversee daily facility operations within the Jung-Kellogg Learning Center.
- ALA-accredited graduate degree in Library and Information Science (or equivalent).
- Commensurate library leadership experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment of library personnel with a diverse population including faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated understanding of current and future issues in the academic library and in the field of higher education.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the use and/or implementation of appropriate and emerging technologies to provide and enhance library services including knowledge of online research resources, integrated library management systems, and instructional technologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with electronic resources employed by libraries including licensing, utilizing consortium agreements, and direct connections with vendors.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Ability to plan and execute projects that support the institution’s mission and academic programs.
- Experience with developing and managing a departmental budget.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
For all inquiries, or to submit an application, please contact Dr. Lydia Thebeau: lydia.Thebeau@mobap.edu. Applications should include a cover letter, current resume, and Christian statement of faith.