Director of Library Services - Hope International University - Fullerton, CA
Including, but not limited to the following:
- Provide vision and leadership for the library as it supports the mission and functions of the university.
- Provide strategic planning for the library, aligned with the HIU Strategic Plan.
- Articulate the library's mission, goals, and vision to library staff, administration, faculty, students, alumni, and other library stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with university administration, academic deans, teaching faculty, staff, students and other colleagues on campus to enhance coordination of mutual efforts toward fulfilling the university's mission.
- Promote and effectively advocate for continual improvement of library resources, facilities, and services.
- Develop, interpret, and enforce library policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and integrate emerging trends in library technology to enhance library operation and services, including institutional repositories, open access, and open educational resources.
- Collect and maintain statistics in Library usage, circulation, acquisition, patron services, and all other vital data pertaining to program assessment, evaluation, and improvement.
- Represent the library to donors, patrons, vendors, library associations, and consortiums.
- Serve, as needed, on select committees across the university to represent library needs and goals, and to contribute library expertise and resources as appropriate. Academic Affairs
- Recruit, hire, supervise, evaluate, facilitate training, and advocate for improvement and promotion of faculty ranked librarians, non-faculty library staff, and library student workers.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and equip library personnel to achieve the library's mission and goals in the areas of reference, instruction, access to services, customer/patron service, and technical services.
- Manage all stages of the hiring process for library personnel, working effectively with Human Resources and Payroll, and maintain personnel records in UKG.
- Strategically build and manage the library’s collection of resources.
- Collaborate with faculty in the selection of appropriate resources for the University's academic programs.
- Manage the collection and organization of special archival materials, and manage user access to archival materials.
- Participate as Director of Library Services in budget planning.
- Manage the allocation of resources within budget parameters.
- Selectively pursue additional funding from external sources when needs and opportunities meet, coordinating with the HIU Advancement Office.
- Oversee the daily administration and operation of the library.
- Provide a student-centered, customer-service oriented culture in the library and enhance the learning environment of the university by providing an atmosphere which facilitates academic pursuits.
- Oversee Library building maintenance and repairs, and make recommendations for facilities improvements, including Library furnishings and utilization of space.
REFERENCE AND INSTRUCTION
- Supervise the production of online resources and the delivery of face-to-face and online instruction for using the library's resources.
- Assist students, faculty, and staff in the use of Library resources and services.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission of the University.
- Be a model of servant-leadership and life-long learning.
Candidates must . . .
- have earned an ALA accredited Library and Information Science Degree, plus an additional graduate degree (a doctoral degree is an added plus) in a field connected to the HIU academic curriculum.
- possess management experience in an academic library setting.
- possess excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- articulate and demonstrate mature Christian faith.
- fully embrace the mission of Hope International University.
- model servant-leadership
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS