Director of Library Services - Asbury University - KY
Asbury University is an independent, Christian, liberal arts university in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition. Candidates for Director of Library Services are expected to be in harmony with the theological and spiritual commitments of this tradition and to support and adhere to University policies and procedures – including the Faculty Manual, Community Standards Guidelines and Human Sexuality Statement. A commitment to academic excellence and spiritual vitality is necessary. Kinlaw Library holds a visible and influential role on Asbury's campus and the University is seeking a dedicated servant leader who will bring these qualities to the position.
- Strong professional credentials and a solid biblical faith that is in agreement with the University’s Faith Statement.
- Proven track record in leading and developing staff, collaborating effectively with faculty, and engaging graciously with students.
- Innovative and forward thinking with a willingness to carry the library into the future creatively, in alignment with the University's vision and strategic plan.
- Knowledge and understanding of current issues and trends in academic librarianship and higher education and able to recognize worthy trends and make wise decisions about challenging contemporary issues.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills: working collegially, excelling in oral and written communication skills, inspiring confidence and trust, and maintaining a positive and empowering work culture.
- Extensive experience in long-range planning, budgeting, evaluation, and assessment of library services.
- Active participation in state, regional, and/or national library and professional organizations.
- Significant understanding of regional and programmatic accreditation requirements.
- Awareness of trends and practices in teaching and scholarly research.
- The Director of the Library is expected to provide innovative leadership for library services, programs, and resource management in support of student learning, academic programs both undergraduate and graduate, on campus and online, and faculty teaching and research.
- Additionally, candidates will be expected to work collaboratively with colleagues; conduct research and scholarly activities in areas of their own expertise; and serve on the University’s administrative and program committees, as assigned.
- The Director represents the University library at state meetings and establishes mutually beneficial contracts or agreements with partners.
- The Director leads a team of faculty librarians who oversee departments in the library, full time support staff, part time staff, and student assistants, encouraging professional development and maintaining high standards of service.
- The Director must hold a master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited program.
- A record of success in increasingly responsible positions as a library administrator in an academic library setting is expected.
- Preference will be given to applicants with additional graduate study, five or more years of administrative leadership, and demonstrated participation in professional organizations.
- The candidate must be able to communicate with confidence and clarity both when speaking and in writing.
- Innovation and creativity are highly valued, as well as effective collaboration with faculty and the ability to articulate the mission of the library and advocate for its role in the campus community.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Letters expressing interest, personal curriculum vita, list of references, and a statement describing the current vitality of your personal Christian faith and the theological framework that informs your work should be sent to Dr. Bonnie J. Banker, Interim Provost, Asbury University, 1 Macklem Drive, Wilmore, KY 40390 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Asbury University does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, or handicap in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices.
More information located: https://www.asbury.edu/offices/human-resources/jobs/wilmore/29803