Director of Library Public Services - Cedarville University - OH
The Cedarville University Centennial Library (Cedarville, Ohio) is seeking an assistant professor of library science to serve as the Director of Library Public Services. The Director supervises the personnel and operations of the Public Services department including Circulation Services, the Research Center, MediaPLEX, and Interlibrary Services. The Director develops, promotes, and represents services that improve and advance faculty and student access to and effective use of physical and digital resources and information. This faculty position reports to the Dean of Library Services.
Applicants must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University's doctrinal statement, community covenant, and general workplace standards. This position is subject to the University's verification of credentials and other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the completion of a criminal history investigation. Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Director of Public Services:
- Supervises the personnel and operations of the Public Services Department
- Facilitates access to the library’s physical and digital resources
- Develops and promotes library services
- Oversees use of the library’s public spaces and the library's online presence
- Leads library outreach and promotion efforts
EDUCATIONAL / EXPERIENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- The successful candidate will possess an ALA-accredited Master of Library Science degree and five years of professional library experience with a minimum of three years of academic library experience directing professional and non-professional staff.
- The successful candidate will also have experience and expertise in library instruction, reference and research services, team leadership and collaboration, digital information resources, and library systems and have demonstrated communication skills.
JOB APPLICAITON INSTRUCTIONS
More information and the application are available at: https://www.cedarville.edu/Job-Openings.aspx
All official inquiries should be directed to John Davis (email@example.com, 937-766-7418), Director of Academic Human Resource Services. Position specific inquiries should be directed to Mr. Lynn Brock (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dean of Library Services.