Director of Libraries - Richmont Graduate University - GA
Richmont Graduate University is looking for a librarian with a passion for student development, talent in improving a library’s online presence and user experience, and an interest in all aspects of library service in a small academic setting.
Richmont Graduate University is a private, Christian institution committed to preparing graduates to function at the highest professional levels of clinical counseling and vocational ministry. The University is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and offers graduate-level Master's degree programs from its School of Counseling and School of Ministry. The M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling is accredited by CACREP, which is the highest accreditation available in the mental health field. The University operates two physical campuses in Atlanta and Chattanooga, and a virtual campus online. Richmont is renowned for its distinguished faculty as well as its unparalleled field training, which guarantees all students on-site internships. Through Richmont's ten University-operated counseling centers near its campuses, over 25,000 clients are served annually. Richmont is the oldest faith-integrated counseling program in the eastern United States, and its graduates have consistently scored well above the national average on the national counselor exam. Established in 1933, Richmont enjoys a rich heritage and has over 1,400 distinguished alumni making a profound and positive difference in the lives of others.
- Staffing and managing the Richmont Atlanta Library in the absence of the Assistant Director of Libraries; the librarian’s regular coverage will be afternoons and evenings, Mon. – Thurs. (until 8 p.m.), and Friday daytime, as well as one to two Saturdays a month
- Supervising work study assistants
- Providing proactive customer-oriented services in person and via the telephone, e-mail, and online chat. Services include reference, circulation, interlibrary loan, library instruction, and technology resources in the library
- Supporting the libraries’ hosted Follett Destiny library catalog; implementing features currently unused
- Improving the libraries’ online presence and user experience
- Preparing and maintaining library resources, including cataloging and stacks maintenance
- Serving on University committees, participating in organizing and maintaining student and faculty/staff information sites, and supporting faculty and students’ use of educational technology
Educational / Experiential Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technological systems and support others in their use
- Clear communication skills (spoken and written)
- Ability to work harmoniously with others to support Richmont’s mission statement and willingness to sign Richmont’s statement of faith
Job Application Instructions
This position will remain open until filled. The expected start date is June 1, 2018. Applications received by March 15 will receive first consideration. Contact Ron Bunger, Director of Libraries, at email@example.com for further clarification.
Please include with your application:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- A current resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document.