Director of Libraries - Richmont Graduate University - Atlanta, GA
Richmont is a Master’s (D. Min. program starting this fall) level graduate institution offering degrees in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Ministry, and Spiritual Formation and Direction. This position is for the Atlanta, Georgia campus. The successful candidate will also supervise the library on the Chattanooga campus. The University provides Christ-centered education and research that advances God’s work of healing, restoration, and transformation in the lives of individuals, churches, and communities.
The Director of Libraries oversees and maintains responsibilities for all aspects of the functioning of the university libraries in Atlanta (Richmont Atlanta Library) and Chattanooga (Poindexter Library), and is immediately responsible to the University Vice-President for Administration for job performance.
- Coordinate the holdings and services at both libraries with library faculty and staff, including circulation, reference, acquisitions, audio-visuals, serials control, cataloging, processing, and shelving.
- Provide statistical support and reporting for the Richmont Libraries, including institutional effectiveness, GNPEC, THEC, and IPEDS.
- Supervise the work of a Librarian and Graduate Assistants in the Richmont Atlanta Library and the Librarian, Staff assistant, and Graduate Assistants in the Poindexter Library.
- Administer the budget for the libraries and give an account for expenditures. Offer input into the budget planning process proactively.
- Set library hours in accordance with student needs, and schedule other library personnel and graduate assistants to ensure coverage for all posted library hours.
- Maintain current agreements with affiliate libraries, and work to develop new ones as needed.
- Execute all aspects of institutional planning and evaluation pertaining to the libraries and institutional effectiveness.
- Provide reference and other services to faculty, staff, and students in accordance with the highest standards of the profession.
- Participate in monthly Academic Affairs Committee meetings, faculty retreats, graduation ceremonies, orientation, preview days, and other student development events, and periodic committee meetings and related responsibilities.
- Identify and meet SACS and CACREP standards for library services and resources for the School of Counseling and School of Ministry.
- Perform any other tasks assigned within the purview of the spirit of this job description.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program.
- 5 years’ demonstrated administrative, relational and emotional competence in a team setting.
- Clear communication skills (spoken and written).
- Ability to work harmoniously with others to support Richmont’s mission statement and statement of faith. https://www.richmont.edu/
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
This position will remain open until filled. The expected start date is July 18, 2022. Applications received by May 15 will receive first consideration. Contact Ron Bunger, Director of Libraries, at email@example.com for further clarification and application.
To Apply: Use the link below to enter Richmont's application portal.