Director of Faculty Development and the Mabee Library - MidAmerica Nazarene University - Olathe, KS
MidAmerica Nazarene University, a progressive Christian university located in Olathe, Kansas, invites qualified candidates to apply for the Director of Faculty Development and the Mabee Library. The Director is responsible for providing strategic leadership in enhancing the teaching/learning capacities and resources for faculty and students. This position provides leadership to enhance the growth of these programs and expand the institution's mission. Key attributes include significant knowledge and experience with various forms of innovation in teaching and learning, experience appropriately integrating educational technology with pedagogy/andragogy, a vision for the evolving role of the academic library, and a strategic approach to collaboration. This position reports to the Associate Vice President of the Center for Academic and Professional Success (CAPS).
- Provide vision and leadership for faculty development at MNU to advance the achievement of student learning goals and programmatic objectives
- Design, conduct, and assess faculty development workshops, with a particular emphasis on pedagogy/andragogy appropriate for different kinds of teaching and learning environments and 21st-century learners.
- Meet regularly with faculty and academic leadership to understand their concerns and needs related to faculty development at MNU.
- Provide leadership for the Faculty Development Committee
- Collaborate with academic departments and individual faculty in the design and planning of course content, establishing positive learning environments, adopting the principles of student-centered learning, and the interpretation of course evaluations as a faculty development tool.
- Assess the effectiveness of the MNU faculty professional development program.
- Collaborate with Educational Technology and Information Technology departments to facilitate the integration of technology in the classroom and its broad adoption by faculty in all academic areas.
- Be a strategic member of the university technology committee.
- Assist faculty with the development of individual portfolios to demonstrate mastery of best practices in teaching in alignment with the qualifications for tenure, rank, and promotion,
- Assist Vice-President of Academic Affairs with new faculty orientation
- Assist faculty development efforts in the encouragement of scholarship and discourse.
- Coordinate the services and space of the Learning Commons
- Supervise Library faculty and support staff
- Develop and supervise the Library budget
- Prepare the annual report for the Library
- Supervise collection development and review Supervise the instruction and research-related services of the Library
- Supervise and support library programming
- Participate in faculty committees and assembly meetings
- Participate in scholarship and professional organizations
- Participate in accreditation meetings and campus visits
- College or university-level teaching experience.
- Administrative experience in a university setting is desired.
- A doctorate or equivalent terminal degree from an accredited college or university is desired.
- A degree in Library Science or background working in or managing library services is desired.
- Proven knowledge of higher education trends.
- Strong attention to detailed assignments with accuracy and clear organization.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to relate with a broad diversity of people.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Results oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize in a self-motivated environment; an understanding of and experience with course delivery modalities is desired.
- Systems analysis experience is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekend events.
- General knowledge of MidAmerica Nazarene University.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Apply at the following link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=19564&clientkey=94C12971DF5E45B623E88E77701008BC