Dean of the Ruby E. Dare Library - Greenville University - IL
Ruby E. Dare Library Greenville University is seeking a dynamic leader for the position of Dean of the Ruby E. Dare Library at Greenville University, for a 12-month, non-tenure track faculty position.
The university is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville University was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from 40+ denominations.
- Understands the evolving role of the Library in a Christian liberal arts institution in the 21st century
- Collaborates with faculty to promote student learning and to advance information fluency; serves as the Library’s central liaison to the campus, the surrounding community, and relevant library networks
- Undertakes responsiblity for the Library budget, policies, programs, services, collection management, and facilities
- Participates in reference service and library operations depending on experience and preference
EDUCATIONAL / EXPERIENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- A Master’s degree in Library Science or a similar degree from an ALA-accredited graduate school and several years of increasingly-responsible positions in academic libraries including supervisory experience are required.
- An additional subject master’s degree or doctorate, record of scholarly achievement, experience and knowledge in current and emerging library technologies, and digital collection management are preferred.
- Candidates must be committed to serving as a role model for students within a Christian academic community.
- A vibrant personal Christian faith commitment is required, as well as a strong commitment to a broadly Wesleyan tradition.
- Compliance with University Standards.
- All Greenville University employees acknowledge the unique Wesleyan, evangelical, and Protestant mission of the University, a community in which Christian faith is of central importance.
- Employees agree to promote the University's Mission (as set out in the Mission Statement); its Philosophy of Education and GC Student Learning Outcomes, support its Theological Assumptions and comply with the behavioral aspects of the Lifestyle Statement (collectively, the University Standards).
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application materials should include:
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Statement of philosophy of Christian Higher Education
3. Statement of personal faith journey and commitment
4. At least 3 professional references
5. Official transcripts.
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
For more information or to apply.