Collections Manager - Asbury University - Wilmore, KY
This is a full-time, salaried position that will be responsible for acquisitions, processing, and collection maintenance as well as overseeing special collection library spaces. The collections this position will manage include periodicals, institutional archives, and special collections.
- Acquisition & Processing
- Order, receive, and process library materials
- Pay invoices in a timely manner
- Serve as the primary contact for book, media, and periodical vendors
- Maintain files for 3 years for all technical services purchases and correspondence
- Acquires and processes materials that relate to the history of the university, including the students, alumni, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Collection Maintenance
- Maintain periodicals collections, institutional archives, and special collections.
- Catalogs and describes items and generates finding aids for discovery.
- Develops and maintains the online institutional repository.
- Prepare periodicals and campus publications for binding.
- Curates the materials and spaces for university centers such as the Joe Pitts Center for Public Policy and the Dennis F. Kinlaw Study Center.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required. Major or minor in library, management, business, or related discipline preferred.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS