Collection Development Librarian - Covenant Theological Seminary - Saint Louis, MO
- Select, acquire, and process materials for the Library’s collections in accordance with the Library’s collection development policy, and in collaboration with other library staff and the faculty.
- Manage serials subscriptions and electronic resource licensing.
- Maintain acquisition records in the library system.
- Evaluate and assess the Library’s collections and identify materials for de-acquisition.
- Work with other staff to coordinate collection development, cataloging, and public services.
- Manage and fulfill interlibrary loan requests.
- Help maintain a welcoming and professional environment.
- Assist, as needed, with circulation and reference duties.
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited school; or a master’s-level seminary degree with interest in pursuing a library degree.
- Subject knowledge in theology, biblical studies, and related disciplines, and familiarity with authors and publishers in those fields.
- Ability to build and sustain effective interpersonal relationships with library staff, students, faculty, and visitors.
- Analytical, organizational, and time management skills, and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with personal computers, the Internet, and library-related applications. Working knowledge of standard office applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Capacity to adapt to a changing environment and to respond effectively to new needs and priorities.
- Prior experience in an academic library environment, preferably in technical services.
- Experience with Innovative Interfaces, Inc.’s Sierra ILS.
- Experience with OCLC WorldShare ILL.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday, July 25, 2020.