Circulation Supervisor - Trevecca Nazarene University - Nashville, TN
The Circulation Supervisor manages the daily operations of the library’s circulation desk and supervises service desk student workers during daytime hours. This is a full-time position, and the hours are primarily 7:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. This position reports to the Systems and Electronic Resources Librarian.
- In coordination with the Systems and Electronic Resources Librarian and other library personnel -- hires, manages, trains, and maintains responsibility for service desk student workers during daytime hours.
- Assigns and oversees tasks and projects given to student workers.
- Opens the library Monday through Friday (library opens at 8:00 am).
- Handles recurring circulation tasks.
- Maintains order and organization at the circulation desk and the circulation work area.
- Assists patrons at the circulation desk when student assistants are unable or unavailable to assist.
- Maintains and requests service for library equipment, including printers and a laminator; Orders supplies as necessary.
- Maintains the physical library collections by assigning students to shelf read and straighten shelves.
- Organizes and oversees building and administrative functions for the library under the supervision of the Director of Library Services.
- Staffs the research desk during designated times each week and also as needed; Assists patrons with basic research assistance or refers patrons to faculty librarians.
- Performs additional services as requested by the Systems and Electronic Resources Librarian and the Director of Library Services.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to work both independently and collegially in a changing environment.
- Excellent organizational, technological, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Interest in and ability to manage and lead student workers.
- Must be confident in learning and using work-related technology applications.
- Must be customer-service focused and able to successfully resolve problems.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
This position will be available in January 2023.