Circulation Supervisor - Northwest University - Kirkland, WA
- Answer reference questions and provide information to library users. Present Hurst Library and its service in a positive manner, adhering to customer service guidelines and procedures as established by the library. Provide weekend and evening reference and information services to library users. Respond to phone, email, chat, and video reference sessions in a timely manner.
- Manage Interlibrary Loan borrowing and lending, including developing procedures, processing requests, monitoring workflow, troubleshooting problems, and supervising student assistants assigned to Interlibrary Loan tasks.
- Co-supervise 6 student assistants with Cataloging Supervisor, including recommending for hire, scheduling, training, and conducting reviews. Plan and assign tasks. Cross-train on Archives and oversee evening tasks assigned to student assistants.
- Perform functions related to circulation transactions using the library system, including checking materials in and out, renewals, and holds. Monitor lost and overdue items and charge replacement costs to student accounts. Maintain patron records for community borrowers. Maintain circulation procedure manuals. Recommend changes to circulation policy.
- Oversee stack maintenance, including assigning and monitoring shelf reading and shelving of materials. Identify areas in need of more space, coordinate shifting of collections, and update signs. Create new book, staff recommendation, and other periodic displays.
- Manages Course Reserves, including working with faculty, creating reserve lists, and supervising students in processing materials.
- Troubleshoot copying, printing equipment, and technical issues with patrons.
- Supports greater library initiatives and performs other duties as assigned.
- Investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve issues regarding library policies, procedures, operations, and services.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Alternatively, degree completion plan in place.
- Two years of library experience or experience in a related activity.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience in providing customer service.
- Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and to assist students on various devices.
- Knowledge of library systems preferred.
- Ability to lift, carry, and shelve library materials with the assistance of a book cart.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to communicate well with faculty, students, and staff and to work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS