Cataloging Supervisor - Northwest University - Kirkland, WA
Collects, describes, and organizes archival materials. Oversees the purchasing, receiving, and processing of books. Occasional weekend and evening hours may be required. Full-time position, 1 FTE.
- Manages the harvesting and processing of archival materials in print and digital formats.
- Collects NU publications such as magazines, course syllabi, email newsletters, theses and dissertations in both digital and print formats.
- Supervises the creation of metadata and the digitization of print materials.
- Files physical materials in the archive according to accepted practices.
- Manages the acquisition and cataloging of print books for the library.
- Acquires books and textbooks from vendors, donations and other sources; selects appropriate catalog records and updates library holdings, oversees physical processing of the materials; and tracks library book budget.
- Tracks and replaces lost and missing books.
- Supervises up to three Student Assistants, including hiring, directing their work, and conducting performance reviews in conjunction with the Metadata Librarian.
- Supervises cataloging activities at branch campus.
- Assists patrons with locating, retrieving, and checking out materials.
- Answers basic library informational and directional questions and refers library users to appropriate library staff for other services. Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Four year college degree or equivalent.
- One year of applicable library experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform very detailed work with accuracy and efficiency.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development.
- Good communication skills: able to communicate verbally and in writing with students, faculty, and staff. Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and Internet.
- Able to lift, move, carry, and shelve library materials with the assistance of a book cart.
- Able to use a computer, mouse and keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Proven ability to get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS