Cataloging Specialist - Cedarville University - OH
The Cedarville University Centennial Library (Cedarville, Ohio) seeks a Cataloging Specialist who will be responsible for original and copy cataloging of library materials and for related tasks. This full-time staff position reports to the Director of Collection Services.
Cataloging and Classification of Library Materials:
- Identify OCLC bibliographic records for overlaying to the local Innovative catalog for all material types (monograph, audiovisual, serial) and all formats (print, electronic)
- Enhance OCLC bibliographic records to include detailed summaries, additional subject, author and title headings, and table of contents information when possible
- Create and correctly populate item records
- Perform original and complex cataloging at the level required by the OCLC network
- Assign classification numbers which facilitate browsing of the print collection
- Provide leadership in making decisions related to local cataloging practices and procedures
- Maintain a current understanding of changes in OCLC Connexion, AACR2, RDA, DDC and LCSH and assist with implementing revisions of LCSH and DDC
- Maintain awareness of and engagement with trends and development in metadata and knowledge architecture
Assisting with the Management of the Library Collection:
- Withdraw all formats of materials from the library catalog
- Assist with the annual collection inventory
- Repair books and other damaged library materials
- Ensure that necessary supplies are available
Participating in Library Services and Operations:
- Assist with Collection Services tasks and projects, such as system maintenance, collection evaluation, collection shifting, etc.
- Assist with Library events and projects, such as New Student Orientation, the annual book sale, marketing events, etc.
- Provide a cataloging component for the Library Internship course
- Serve on library committees as requested
- Maintain a current manual of procedures covering the responsibilities of the position The successful candidate will possess a 4-year college degree and library cataloging training and experience. Familiarity with OCLC Connexion, Innovative Sierra, Dewey Easy, AACR2, RDA, LCSH, and DDC are preferred.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
More information and the application are available at: https://www.cedarville.edu/Job-Openings.aspx Scroll down to Cataloging Specialist
All official inquiries should be directed to Teresa Day, Director of Staffing Services (email@example.com). Applicants must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University's doctrinal statement, community covenant, and general workplace standards. This position is subject to the University's verification of credentials and other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the completion of a criminal history investigation. Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.