Assistant Librarian (Temporary) - Redeemer University - Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
- Analyzes and evaluates the library’s collection using a variety of quantitative and qualitative measures.
- Collaborates with faculty to develop several subject areas, with responsibilities to analyze, develop, and maintain those areas.
Library Research Assistance and Instruction:
- Provides research assistance at public service desks and remotely, on a rotation basis.
- In several subject areas, provides research instruction and promotes library resources/services through a variety of methods such as presentations, workshops, displays, web content, and online tutorials.
- Creates guides and bibliographies in several subject areas.
- Works to organize, preserve, and manage the library’s archival holdings in accordance with archival principles and standards.
Technical & Administrative:
- Circulation backup
- Monthly statistics
- Original cataloging
- Other duties as assigned by the Library Director
- ALA-accredited MLIS or equivalent. [A completed MLIS or equivalent is strongly preferred but consideration will be given to applications with considerable academic library experience who have a nearly completed MLIS or equivalent.]
- A graduate degree in a discipline relevant to Redeemer University’s undergraduate programs is not required but desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of current library practice, including collection management, reference, and instructional services.
- Recent experience providing reference services.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Experience delivering in-person and online instruction/training.
- Strong computer literacy and the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with collection management.
- Work experience in an academic library.
- Familiarity with the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy and experience providing library instruction.
- Familiarity with SpringShare products (e.g., LibGuides and LibCal) and OCLC WMS.
- Working knowledge of cataloging and archival standards and practices, including MARC21, RDA/AACR2, RAD, and LCSH.
- Understanding of Redeemer University's Mission, Values, and Reformed Christian identity
- This position requires occasional lifting, bending, reaching, pushing and carrying weights of approximately 10 kg (22lbs).
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Position Reports to: Library Director
Submit Applications To: email@example.com (please quote position title in subject line)
Expiry Date: Posted Until Filled (applications will be reviewed upon submission, so please apply ASAP.
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP