Assistant Librarian: Systems & Technical Services - Trinity Western University - BC, Canada
The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for management and administration of all library systems that support the Library's delivery of services and resources to its users. In addition to the core integrated library system (SirsiDynix Symphony), other key systems include RelaislLL, the interlibrary loan system, and EBSCO's EDS, the library's discovery search software as well as a variety of related software and platforms that support the library's operations.
- budgeting, overseeing acquisitions, and supervising library technicians
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate both aptitude and interest in systems, technology and technical services related work
- Strong analytical and problem-resolution skills
- Thorough understanding of library services, collections, technologies and resources
- Solid knowledge of current integrated library systems and bibliographic discovery layers, software and platforms (ILS, discovery tools, link resolvers, collection management software etc.)
- Solid knowledge of core library functions and the interrelated workflows between departments, especially in Technical Services
- Experience administering an integrated library system (Symphony preferred)
- Manage acquisition of new resources & related budget functions, records, management reports and discipline allocations
- Ability to synthesize information and analyze requirements to document business specifications and determine solutions
- Knowledge of relevant electronic databases and online resources
- Competence with computer applications generally used in a business environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including technical writing for requirements specifications to technology
- ALA accredited Master's Degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline an asset (e.g. Computer Science) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Three years relevant experience in a library environment, including at least two years in a systems environment and/or Technical Services, or an equivalent combination oftraining and experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrate an appreciation for a liberal arts education; a collegial business style; a professional public image and service orientation; and a progressive approach
- Warm-hearted, committed, dedicated, and mature evangelical Christian
- Keen desire to serve in work, church, family, and community
- Firm commitment to TWU's mission, community standards, and statement of faith. Impeccable character and reputation
- Pleasing personality. Positive and progressive outlook in a busy and challenging environment
Job Application Instructions
Apply via this page: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=ae765d82-e092-432c-8e41-a761af7d7354&ccId=2465155412_6591&jobId=265364&lang=en_CA&source=CC4
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with experience and academic/professional qualifications.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Trinity Western University encourages applications from all eligible candidates who are able to commit to TWU’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Covenant. We do not discriminate, contrary to law, on the basis of any applicable prohibited ground of discrimination. We particularly invite applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and indigenous people. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Trinity Western University is located on the traditional and ancestral territory of the Sto:lo people.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed in the first instance to Canadian citizens or permanent residents.