Acquisitions/E-Resources Faculty Librarian - University of Central Missouri - Warrensburg, MO
The Acquisitions & Electronic Resources (A&ER) Librarian is responsible for the management of the James C. Kirkpatrick Library’s materials budget, serving as the library’s primary liaison with vendors of library materials and management of the library’s electronic resources. The A&ER Librarian is also responsible for the management of electronic subscriptions, including matters relevant to licensing and access. The A&ER Librarian manages selected third party digital assets such as e-books and streaming video platforms and maintains the JCKL A-Z database Libguide page. The A&ER librarian will collaborate on matters of acquisitions with the library, the university community, consortia, and the local community. Additionally, this position collaborates, as needed, with others in the collection management unit on matters concerning the processing of materials.
The A&RE librarian may be assigned liaison duties as needed. It is expected that faculty librarians actively engage in shared governance and pursue promotional activities.
Other Special Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing duties concurrently.
- Ability to meet varying deadlines and duty priorities.
- Demonstrated customer service focus and knowledge of current and emerging trends and technologies related to library services.
- Effective written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Familiarity with standard contractual concepts and language.
- Familiarity with MARC, RDA, link resolver products, discovery tools, and proxy servers preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience working with Ex Libris and Gobi preferred.
Masters degree from ALA-accredited program in library or information science, or equivalent degree.
Minimum of two years’ full-time equivalent experience in acquisition, financial and electronic management within an academic library ILS environment including contract negotiation experience.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
For complete description and to apply go to: https://jobs.ucmo.edu