Acquisitions and Reference Librarian - Ashland University - OH
Ashland University. Ashland OH is looking for an Acquisitions and Reference Librarian. Ashland University, guided by our Christian heritage, is a comprehensive, private university that provides a transformative learning experience, shaping graduates who work, serve and lead with integrity in their local, national and global communities.
The Acquisitions Librarian is responsible for
- Acquires all library materials for the Library and Instructional Resource Center
- Works collaboratively with the Director of the Library, other professional librarians and library support staff
- Leads the acquisition of monographs (including firm order e-books) and tangible materials for the collection, while ensuring that resources are acquired in a timely, fiscally responsible, and effective manner that complies with University legal and financial policies and requirements
- Provides reference assistance to library clients on a regular basis and teaches research
- Teaches information literacy skills to students on Main campus and online
- Serves as library liaison for multiple academic departments
EDUCATIONAL / EXPERITENIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Preferred experience with managing the Innovative Interfaces Sierra acquisitions function.
JOB APPLICAITON INSTRUCTIONS
Please email a letter of application, resume or CV and names/contact information of three professional references to Scott Savage, Library Director: email@example.com