Access Services Supervisor - Regent University - Virginia Beach, VA
Essential functions of the position will include:
- Manage circulation services and assist patrons.
- Collaborate to screen, interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, and evaluate student employees.
- Supervise library operations and the facility.
- Cross-train on library services.
- Collaborate with other ILL personnel to deliver resources to patrons.
- Manage library stacks, course reserves, study space reservations and overdue/fine records and payment.
- Oversees essential records and statistics.
- Participate in staff training sessions.
- Complete related user service work.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two years of academic library experience
- Two years of supervisory experience in an academic library
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, push loaded carts, shelve heavy books, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekend hours
Candidate must have:
- Ability to communicate effectively, work cooperatively, and carry out oral and written directions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to engage in meticulous routines with accuracy and orderliness
- Commitment to Regent’s core values of Excellence, Innovation and Integrity
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS