Access Services & Reference Librarian (part-time) - Concordia University - Ann Arbor, MI
Concordia University seeks applicants for the part-time position of Access Services & Reference Librarian (part-time / weekends). The Access Services & Reference Librarian (CUAA) responsibilities lie in the areas of reference & instruction services, supervising & training of student workers on weekends and occasionally during the business week. This position also assists with and supports various library operations, systems and services as needed. This position reports to the Coordinator of Library Services Ann Arbor and is located on the Ann Arbor, MI campus.
The Zimmerman Library has the primary goal of meeting the information needs of Concordia University students as they participate in the university's programs of study in pursuit of Christian education at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The Zimmerman Library (CUAA) is coordinated with the Rincker Library (CUW) through which it works to select, acquire, and make available materials and resources consistent with fulfilling the university's mission of providing excellence in Christian education.
Concordia is an integral part of the Concordia University System and is affiliated with and supportive of the Christ-centered mission of the LC-MS.
- Consults regularly with the Coordinator of Library Services (CUAA) and designated staff with regard to coordination and alignment of policies, resources and services
- Supervises student workers and access services
- Provides reference / research services that meet the needs of the various levels of CUAA users, both on campus and at a distance
- Provides library instruction using the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education
- Other duties as assigned
- An ALA accredited Master's Degree in Library
- Information Science Library experience with supervisory / managerial skills (a plus)
- Technology savvy, relative to working with library systems, OPACs, databases, an LMS (Blackboard), Microsoft Office, and various other useful software applications
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS