Academic Engagement Librarian - Taylor University - Upland, IN
This full-time, faculty-rank, 10-month position will lead Zondervan Library in developing, implementing, and assessing a robust information literacy program designed to meet the changing needs of students and faculty. This position is expected to cultivate strategic partnerships campus-wide, playing a role in high-impact educational practices and student success initiatives. Librarians at Taylor are expected to progress through faculty rank promotion and to participate fully as members of the library’s faculty and in the broader university faculty governance.
• MLS from accredited institution
• Demonstrated experience in library program development, assessment, and outreach
• Demonstrated knowledge of information literacy best practices in strategies, methodologies, and practice within academic libraries
• Knowledge of current research methods including both print and electronic resources
• Knowledge of recent information technology applications relevant to library services, specifically those relevant to classroom application
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills for multiple audiences (faculty, staff, students, librarians)
• Excellent demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple ongoing projects
• Strong commitment to quality service
• At least two years of experience providing instructional services directly to students and collaborating with faculty
• Experience planning and implementing collaborative projects
• Expertise in using technology to achieve pedagogical goals
• Demonstrated understanding of practices and principles for assessing student learning
• Experience working with information literacy campus partners, such as academic departments, teaching centers, writing centers, peer-learning programs, etc.
• Mastery in information literacy/information concepts/competency skills
• Knowledge of current instruction pedagogy involving student engagement through active learning and in conjunction with established student learning outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and apply skills quickly
• Adept at handling multiple responsibilities
• Strong project-management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Commitment to execution and results orientation
• Demonstrated collegiality
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Interested candidates should send an application letter, curriculum vita, and completed application document found at http://www2.taylor.edu/provost/facultyapplication.doc, addressed to: Lana J. Wilson, Assistant Director and Chair, Search Committee, Zondervan Library, (firstname.lastname@example.org). All materials will remain confidential. Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed and continue until the position is filled. Taylor University complies with federal and state guidelines for nondiscrimination in employment.