We are excited to announce that the Call for Proposals for the 2019 Association of Christian Librarians Annual Conference is open!
We look for presentations that balance both theory and practice, are well researched, and presented in an engaging manner. Presentation proposals will be chosen based on several criteria including your level of expertise and the extent of your experience with the topic. Presenters should be prepared to discuss innovations or new ways of thinking about a topic. Everyone, from librarians with years of experience to library school students, is encouraged to submit proposals.
Topics of Interest to the Association Include:
- Information Literacy/Bibliographic Instruction
- Leadership Skills/Management Issues
- Work/Life Balance/Time Management
- Budgets: Doing More with Less
- Ebooks/E-Resources: Best Practices, Analytics, etc.
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Distance Learning/Embedded Librarianship
- Curriculum Mapping
- Library Programming/Outreach
- Public Services, Student Workers, Interlibrary Loan
- Cataloging (RDA, Linked Data, Cooperative Cataloging)
- Succession Planning
- Workshop: The presenter uses a lecture or hands-on format, allowing 10 minutes at the end for questions and discussion.
- Panel: Group of two or three experts present on the same concepts or convey varying points of view, allowing time at the end for questions and discussion.
- Roundtable Discussion: Informal group discussion around a specific topic. The leader will be prepared with comments and questions, will keep the discussion focused on the topic and will encourage the participation of all attendees.
- Paper: Presentation of a short paper, either read or summarized, allowing 15 minutes at the end for questions and discussion. Please remember that even paper presentations need to be delivered in an engaging manner.
The call for presentations closed November 1, 2018.
Questions about presentation proposals? Contact Jaime Pitt, ACL Presentation Coordinator, at email@example.com.
If you are interested in presenting a poster, please see the Conference Poster Sessions page.