The 2022 ACL Conference is gearing up to be an innovative and interactive gathering for librarian professionals both in person at Newman University and online through the Whova platform June 13-15, 2022.
Presentations prepared and given by library colleagues are an important part of the ACL Annual Conference. We are looking for in-person and online presentations that balance both theory and practice, are well researched, and are presented in an engaging manner.
Topics of Interest to the Association Include:
- Workshop: The presenter uses a lecture or hands-on format, allowing 10 minutes at the end for questions and discussion.
- Panel: Group of two or three experts present on the same concepts or convey varying points of view, allowing time at the end for questions and discussion.
- Roundtable Discussion: Informal group discussion around a specific topic. The leader will be prepared with comments and questions, will keep the discussion focused on the topic and will encourage the participation of all attendees.
- Paper: Presentation of a short paper, either read or summarized, allowing 15 minutes at the end for questions and discussion. Please remember that even paper presentations need to be delivered in an engaging manner.
How are presentations selected?
A selection team reviews and chooses presentations based on several criteria included in the below rubric. We hope this tool is useful in understanding what the selection team is looking for and will assist in your proposal formation.
- Purpose, Clarity, and Organization of the Proposal
Does the topic address relevant or highly significant issues in the field of librarianship?
Is the proposal written professionally and does it adequately explain the topic?
To what extent will the session result in a gain of knowledge in a specific area?
To what extent will the session result in the development of a new skill or practice?
To what extent will the session provide a tangible tool or best-practice model for use?
Will participants leave with inspiration, new knowledge, skills, tools, or innovative perspectives?
- Relevance to Theme
Does the workshop connect to the conference theme?
To what extent is the speaker qualified or respected in the proposed workshop content area?
2022 Timeline for Presentation Proposals/Presenters
- November 15, 2021 - Call opens for presentations
- December 10, 2021 - Deadline for submitting a presentation proposal
- By January 14, 2022 - Notification of acceptance of presentations
- January 21, 2022 - Deadline for presenter acceptance
- February 26, 2022 - Deadline for uploading presenter bio and workshop description to Whova (instructions and link will be provided)
- March 15, 2022 - Deadline for presenters to register for conference
- Week of April 14, 2022 - Online Presenter Training for virtual presenters
- May 12, 2022 - Deadline for virtual presenters to upload recorded workshop
- June 13-15, 2022 - 67th ACL Annual Conference, at Newman University & Online
The call for 2022 Conference Presentations closed on December 10. Please contact Ruth McGuire, ACL Presentation Coordinator, (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
If you are interested in presenting a poster, please check back for more information to be shared at a later date.