President's Conference Scholarship
The President’s Conference Scholarship was established in order to extend conference privileges to practicing librarians who need financial assistance to enable them to attend an annual ACL conference. The Board of Directors intends to cover conference costs for up to three persons per conference. The funds for these scholarships are received from new and renewing ACL members who choose to give above and beyond their membership dues. Individuals must meet the following criteria, to be eligible for participation.
- Be a current member of the Association of Christian Librarians.
- Be a practicing librarian (full-time or part-time) in an academic library (except for full-time studies in graduate schools of library and information science).
- Be a first-time attendee at an annual conference. In the event three first-time attendees do not apply for assistance, consideration will be given to applicants who have not attended a conference within the last five years and who could not attend again without assistance.
International applicants will be notified beginning as early as March 1st and all other applicants (US and Canada) will be notified after the April 15th final deadline for the upcoming June conference. Preference will be given in the following order:
- First time attendee.
- Foreign national (from other than the U.S. or Canada).
- Active cross-cultural missionary (U.S. or Canadian citizen).
- U.S. or Canadian practicing librarian.
- Full-time student in graduate school of library science.
The amount of aid given shall not exceed the total conference package cost for attendance from Monday evening through Thursday. It is the scholarship recipient’s responsibility to cover all travel expenses to and from the conference and any additional costs incurred beyond the conference package.