Presentations & Poster Sessions
Please share your library knowledge and experiences with colleagues from all over the United States at the Association of Christian Librarian's Annual Conference.
We are looking for presentations that balance both theory and practice, are well researched, and presented in an engaging manner. Presentation proposals will be chosen based on several criteria including your level of expertise and the extent of your experience with the topic. Presenters should be prepared to discuss innovations or new ways of thinking about a topic. Everyone, from librarians with years of experience to library school students, is encouraged to submit proposals.
Topics of Interest to the Association Include:
- Embedded Librarianship
- Ebooks/E-Resources: best practices, analytics, etc.
- Open educational resources (OER) and affordable learning materials
- Information literacy/Bibliographic Instruction
- Resource Sharing
- User Experience/UX Design
- Marketing & Outreach: engaging students & faculty
- Online Instruction and/or distance learners
- Disaster Preparedness
- Scholarly Publishing
- Leadership skills/Management Issues
- Public services, student workers, Interlibrary Loan
- Cataloging (RDA, Linked Data, Cooperative Cataloging)
- Technology in the library
- Administration: budgets, annual reports/program review, assessment
- Archives & Institutional Repositories
- Workshop: The presenter uses a lecture or hands-on format, allowing 10 minutes at the end for questions and discussion.
- Panel: Group of two or three experts present on the same concepts or convey varying points of view, allowing time at the end for questions and discussion.
- Roundtable Discussion: Informal group discussion around a specific topic. The leader will be prepared with comments and questions, will keep the discussion focused on the topic and will encourage the participation of all attendees.
- Paper: Presentation of a short paper, either read or summarized, allowing 15 minutes at the end for questions and discussion. Please remember that even paper presentations need to be delivered in an engaging manner.
Those submitting presentation proposals should expect to hear if their presentation has been selected for the 2018 Annual Conference by November 22, 2017.
Questions about presentation proposals? Contact Jaime Pitt, ACL Presentation Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have an idea, discovery, or experience, that you want to share with fellow librarians in a face-to-face presentation? The ACL conference provides you with a great opportunity to share what you know with others! We want to hear your ideas about social media, information literacy, student workers, reference consultations, marketing and outreach, and so much more! These are easy, non-overwhelming ways to exhibit innovations or cool tools or projects to your colleagues. Stay tuned...there will be a call for poster sessions at the first of the new year.
The People's Choice Award