Do you have an idea, discovery, or experience, that you want to share with fellow librarians? A virtual poster during the 2021 ACL conference provides you with a great opportunity to share what you know with others! We want to hear your ideas about social media, information literacy, management and leadership, student workers, professional development, reference consultations, assessment, budgeting/cost savings, marketing and outreach, technology trends, and so much more! Submissions within any topic relevant to librarians and information professionals are welcome. Posters are easy, non-overwhelming ways to exhibit innovations, cool tools, or projects to your colleagues. Poster presenters must be registered for conference.
- Poster sessions should include high-quality posters and professional presentation of the material. Each poster should be well organized, engaging, creative, and content should be applicable to other libraries.
- Posters will be uploaded to the virtual conference hosting platform Whova. (PDF Only - Max File Size: 10 MB).
- Presenters may also link to an optional audio/video (YouTube or Vimeo) walkthrough of their poster presentation (no longer than 5 minutes), which will act as a guided presentation for attendees to view or listen to while viewing the poster.
- Posters can be created using the software of your choice. PowerPoint and Canva are often used.
- Due to the virtual nature of attendee participation online, we recommend that your poster be more vertical than horizontal. This way the participant can read what's on the screen, then scroll down for further information. Infographic templates in Canva make great virtual poster templates due to their vertical layout.
- Posters will be available for viewing, prior to conference, during conference with opportunities to engage with attendees via chat, and available for 6 months post-conference.
- Poster uploads to Whova must be completed by no later than May 19.
- People's Choice Award
This award will continue in this virtual platform. Attendees will vote for their favorite poster through a poll in Whova, and the winner will receive a $25 gift card!
- Idea of the Day Award
New for 2021, this second award category will be adjudicated by a panel. This award goes to the poster which has the most innovative idea, interesting concept, or demonstrates the most creative problem-solving. This winner will also receive a $25 gift card.
Not sure how to create a poster that is sure to be a winner? Check out these resources for ideas.
If you have questions about the poster sessions for the upcoming 2021 Annual Conference, please contact Erinn Huebner, Conference Poster Session Coordinator.
Submission Deadline: 3/31/2021
2021 Key Dates
3/1 - Conference Registration Opens
3/11 - Early Bird Ends
3/31 - Deadline for Poster Application Submission
5/13 - Conference Registration Closes
5/19 - Deadline for Poster Presenters to upload data to Whova
5/24 - Whova available to attendees
6/7-10 - Participate in Conference - engage with attendees through the virtual platform